Handcuffing & Pepper Spray
SECURITY OFFICER COURSES:
- Unarmed ‘Class-D’ Course
- Armed ‘Class-G’ Course
- Annual ‘G’ Requal
- First Aid Training
- Firearm Training; Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle
- Baton Certification – Coming Soon!
- Electronic Devices Course – Coming Soon!
HANDCUFF & PEPPER SPRAY
Certifications that add to your value as a Security Officer
Having captured 1000+ fugitives, you will be taught the right application of handcuffing and pepper spray use by a field professional!
This Informative and Tactical Handcuffing Class:
Is a hands-on, comprehensive handcuffing class that will teach students the history and nomenclature of the handcuff. These safety aspects are taught to keep the security officer out of the court system; both civilly and criminally. Proper and continued training in the use of handcuffs is vital to security officers.
Handcuffs are among the most often used tool by officers, yet training is often lacking. Studies show that over 67% of resistance by subjects occurs after the first handcuff has been applied incorrectly!
- All too often the result is injury or death to either the officer or subject.
- The improper use of handcuffs is the focus of many civil suits.
The Techniques presented are Practical, Safe, and Effective!
In this class you will be introduced to and taught these specific bullet points:
- Safe approach of an individual to be handcuffed
- Proper stance and positioning to safely handcuff
- Appropriate degree of tightening cuffs
- Locking, unlocking and removing handcuffs
- Placing and removing handcuffs of a non-compliant subjects
- Various handcuffing positions; ie. standing, prone, and kneeling
- and the usage of various types of handcuffs.
Pepper Spray Certification Class
This certification class is specifically designed to train security officers in the very effective and non-lethal use of pepper spray (or gel).
Many clients specifically request their guards to possess this certificate before ever being assigned to their detail to significantly reduce liability. In consideration of todays very uncertain times and dark intentioned individuals; having a fast, effective, court-defensible, and non-lethal solution can make the difference protecting lives and property.
You will learn that pepper spray/gel is easy to use, easy to carry, can be used with people and animals, and is legal to have with you nearly everywhere. It can halt an individual or an entire group of people no matter if deployed inside or outside. It will also be very important to know that there are limitations to the size of canisters one may possess without a concealed permit.
In this certification class you will gain detailed information on the situational use of Oleoresin Capsicum aerosol (spray and gel) and identify the best way to holster a canister on your duty belt or gear for fast and safe deployment. We will extensively cover stages of conflict with verbal warning and de-escalation techniques followed by the use of force matrix and legal ramifications of use; which will benefit both armed and unarmed guards.
We HIGHLY recommend every person to carry a canister of pepper spray (or gel) as an immediate line of defense to protect themselves. It is fast, effective, and does no long-term harm to its recipients!
Some Practical & Tactical techniques that will be taught are:
- How to protect yourself from a safe distance
- Develop and adopt situational awareness
- Drawing techniques
- Spraying techniques; accurate aim and moving attacks
- Proper defensive positions
- Multiple opponent defense
- Recognize and treat the symptoms associated with being sprayed
- After use guidelines and reporting
ZOOM, PRINT, SHARE
- Security Duty Belt and Pouch Kit
- Rechargeable Flashlights and Stun Gun Flashlights
- Pepper Spray 2oz. and Keychain Pepper Spray
- Smith & Wesson Handcuffs, Chain & Hinged, Nickel & Blue
- Whistles, CPR mask pouches, and more
- Firearms; Handguns & Long guns
- 9MM range ammo
- 9MM Hollow Points
- Grind Hard XD-Xtreme Defense 9MM Ammo
- 380 ACP ammo
- 380 ACP Hollow Points
- 40 & 45 Cal. Hollow Points
- 22 LR Ammo
- 12 gauge, #8 Ammo
- Safety earmuffs & eyeglasses
- Handgun cleaning kits & pads
- Pistol safes and cable locks
- Personal Technique Training Packages 1.5 hrs, 3 hrs, 8 hrs
- Beginner’s Handgun Classes
- NRA Pistol Books, Home Safety Books, and Children’s gun safety workbooks & DVD!
- Serving our community since 1998
- Office headquartered in Port St. Lucie, FL
- FL State Licensed Security Guard Agency B1200299
- Security Guard Manager – M1800042
- Unarmed Security Guard ‘DS’ School – DS1800091
- Unarmed Security Guard ‘DI’ Instructor – DI1800193
- Statewide Firearm ‘K’ Instructor – K1800070
- NRA Private Security Firearms Instructor for Handgun & Shotgun
- NRA Chief Range Safety Instructor
- NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor for Handgun & Shotgun
- Law enforcement trained and certified K-9 handler 18+ years
I highly recommend the training for anyone needing certifications in the security field or even getting your concealed license. Richard is a very knowledgeable instructor and an amazing person to work with. Richard strives for his students to gain knowledge from these courses that he teaches so that your ready when it matters the most. I am the Site Supervisor/Armed Security Guard at Christ Fellowship Main Campus in Gardens West Palm Beach, FL and needed a Handcuff certification for work. It was very informative and did allot of hands on training. I also received training and a certificate for pepper spray. Next month I will be getting a baton certification with Richard. What an amazing Instructor.