Registrations can also be made in person or call our office, Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm, or 772-595-5335 during normal business hours.
All Florida Security Services is completely licensed with our DS-Security School, DI-Unarmed Instructors and K-Firearms Instructors to provide all of the State of Florida Security Courses and Firearms Classes.
All Self-Defense, Safety & Firearms Instructors are all USCCA Certified Instructors.
Beware of unlicensed schools, instructors and agencies!!
Expandable Baton Certification Class
March 2 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
EXPANDABLE BATON CERTIFICATION
INCREASE CONFIDENCE ~ INSTILL SAFETY ~ REDUCE INJURY
This 3 hour Expandable Baton Certification Class includes: Professional Instruction, Simulation Video Instruction, Practical Exercises, and a Written exam ensuring a positive and successful experience.
All Florida Security Instructors are all former Law Enforcement Officers who are completely knowledgable with the safety and legal procedures of baton handling.
This Practical and Tactical Baton Class:
This course will provide initial instruction on effective, safe and legal use of the expandable baton as a defensive tool by professionally licensed Security Officers. This course will cover: proper carrying options, deployment and use of the baton in targeted striking, blocking and control, baton retention techniques and verbalization skills, through hands on practice. This course also covers use of force legal aspects and responsibilities, reporting, medical care responsibilities and maintenance of the baton. The Basic Course is appropriate for new Security Officers and or those with little experience with the expandable baton.
The Techniques presented in this class are Practical, Safe, and VERY Effective! The first line of protection is education!! Understanding what was instructed and practicing is vital to overcoming liability and challenges!
Course Topics will Include:
- Legal Aspects
- Familiarization of the Baton
- Methods to Deploy the Expandable Baton
- Defensive Strikes with the Baton
- Defensive Block Strikes
- Baton Retention Techniques
- Discussion of advisability of Baton use against other weapons
- Other Utilitarian Uses of the Baton
Physical Participation will Include:
- Ready Guard stance
- Forward Fluid Shock Horizontal Strike Low
- Forward Horizontal Cutting Strike
- Backhand Strike
- Forward Fluid Shock Wave Block
- Forward Cutting Block
- Backhand Cutting Block
Upon Completion of the Class:
- Students should be able to demonstrate the proper baton handling methods for compliant and noncompliant suspects.
- Students will be able to identify and articulate the legal aspects and responsibilities of striking a suspect with their baton.
- Students should be able to discern threat and safety.
- A Expandable Baton Certificate will be granted at the end of the class to those who: pass the written exam, display cognitive understanding of baton safety and risk, and can perform the physical tasks displayed during the baton practicals.
- Baton certifications do not expire, however, continued training in the use of a baton is vital to maintain confidence and reduce injury.
- Discounts of store items to include expandable batons of various sizes, handcuffs, pepper spray, and much more.
All Florida Security Services, it’s affiliates, instructors, nor staff, does not guarantee the suitability of an individual to properly implement these practicals or deduce the threat, risk, or safety of a circumstance determining the use and procedure of striking a subject with their baton. It is the requirement of the student to maintain their education and the practical use of their tools to apply the above in a correct and safe fashion.
- This course is typically scheduled once a month (see calendar for dates and times)
- Must have an active Class-D security license to participate
- Class approx. 2 hrs.
- Handcuff Certification Class $99
- Pepper Spray Certification Class $79
- Baton Certification Class $125
- Electronic Device Class $125
- Weapon’s Retention & Defense Class $150
Great Combo Certification Class Discounts Available
TAKE YOUR LICENSE TO THE NEXT LEVEL:
American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED certification
Pepper Spray Certification class
Handcuffing Certification class
Electronic Device Certification class
Weapon’s Retention & Defense Certification Class
Armed Security Class-G License
IN OUR DUTY GEAR STORE:
- Security Duty Belts and Security accessories
- 16″, 21″, 26″ Expandable Batons
- Handcuffs; Chain & Hinged, Nickel & Blue
- Rechargeable Flashlights and Stun Guns Flashlights
- Electronic Devices
- Pepper Spray Canisters & Holsters
- New & Used Firearms in Stock
- Ammo and Firearm Accessories
- Safety Vests, Soft Armor Vests, and so much more
CALL TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT TODAY ~ 772-595-5335
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
Seating is limited; thus, a reservation deposit of $99 is required and non-refundable. Refunds are only available if cancellation is requested 7 business days prior to scheduled class date; however, a $50 administration fee would apply. You may only reschedule once and must take the rescheduled class within 30 days of the original scheduled class. Registration is transferable to another student; however, all the same rules apply. Students will forfeit all their monies who are late-shows, no-shows or do not meet the minimum criteria described herein. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation and understanding.