Registrations can also be made in person or call our office, Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm, or 772-595-5335 during normal business hours.
All Florida Security Services is completely licensed with our DS-Security School, DI-Unarmed Instructors and K-Firearms Instructors to provide all of the State of Florida Security Courses and Firearms Classes.
All Self-Defense, Safety & Firearms Instructors are all USCCA Certified Instructors.
Beware of unlicensed schools, instructors and agencies!!
Handcuff Certification Class
December 2 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
INCREASE CONFIDENCE ~ INSTILL SAFETY ~ REDUCE INJURY
This 2 hour Handcuff Certification Class includes: Professional Instruction, Simulation Video Instruction, Practical Exercises, and a Written exam ensuring a positive and successful experience.
All Florida Security Instructors are all former Law Enforcement Officers who are completely knowledgable with the safety and legal procedures of handcuffing.
This Practical and Tactical Handcuffing Class:
Is a hands-on, comprehensive class that will teach students the MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENTS of handcuffing; which is, to maintain SAFETY of the officer and of the subject. These safety aspects are vital to keep the security officer out of the court system; both civilly and criminally, due to wrongful techniques and harm or injury of cuffed subjects.
Handcuffs are among the most often used tool by officers, yet training is often lacking. Studies show that over 67% of resistance by subjects occurs after the first handcuff has been applied.
The Techniques presented in this class are Practical, Safe, and VERY Effective! The first line of protection is education!! Understanding what was instructed and practicing is vital to overcoming liability and challenges!
Course Topics will Include:
- History and nomenclature of the handcuff
- Recognizing the Threat for a Safe Approach of a subject
- Decision making of Subject, Circumstance, and Threat
- Elements of Resistance, Control, and Disengagement
- Introduction to Pressure Points of Nerve Centers
- Placing and Removing handcuffs of non-compliant subjects
- Exit strategies safely after removing cuffs
- Various types of handcuffs; hinged, chain, rigid, and disposable
- Care and maintenance of handcuffs
Physical Participation will Include:
- Directing a subject to enter into handcuffing position
- Proper Stance, Balance, and Positioning to handcuffing safely
- Handcuffing from a Standing position
- Handcuffing from a Kneeling position
- Rolling a subject to a prone position
- Handcuffing from a Prone position
- Handcuffing an individual larger and/or heavier than you
- Handcuffing with multiple types of cuffs: hinged, chain, and rigid cuffs
- Appropriate Degree of Tightening cuffs
- Locking, Unlocking and Removing cuffs
- How to safely remove cuffs to reduce risk or harm
Upon Completion of the Class:
- Students should be able to demonstrate the proper handcuffing method for compliant and noncompliant suspects.
- Students will be able to identify and articulate the legal aspects and responsibilities of handcuffing a suspect.
- Students should be able to discern threat and safety.
- A Handcuffing Certificate will be granted at the end of the class to those who: pass the written exam, display cognitive understanding of handcuffing safety and risk, and can perform the physical tasks displayed during the handcuffing practicals.
- Handcuffing certifications do not expire, however, continued training in the use of handcuffs is vital to maintain confidence and reduce injury.
- Discounts of store items to include handcuffs, pepper spray, and much more.
All Florida Security Services, it’s affiliates, instructors, nor staff, does not guarantee the suitability of an individual to properly implement these practicals or deduce the threat, risk, or safety of a circumstance determining the use and procedure of handcuffing a subject. It is the requirement of the student to maintain their education and the practical use of their tools to apply the above in a correct and safe fashion.
- This course is typically scheduled once a month (see calendar for dates and times)
- Must have an active Class-D security license to participate
- Class approx. 2 hrs.
- Handcuff Certification Class $99
- Pepper Spray Certification Class $79
- Baton Certification Class $125
- Electronic Device Class $125
- Weapon’s Retention & Defense Class $150
Great Combo Certification Class Discounts Available
TAKE YOUR LICENSE TO THE NEXT LEVEL:
American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED certification
Pepper Spray Certification class
Baton Certification class
Electronic Device Certification class
Weapon’s Retention & Defense Certification Class
Armed Security Class-G License
IN OUR DUTY GEAR STORE:
- Security Duty Belts and Security accessories
- Handcuffs; Chain & Hinged, Nickel & Blue
- Rechargeable Flashlights and Stun Guns Flashlights
- Tasers, Expandable Batons, and Pepper Spray
- New & Used Firearms in Stock
- Ammo and Firearm Accessories
- Safety Vests, Soft Armor Vests, and so much more
CALL TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT TODAY ~ 772-595-5335
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
Seating is limited; thus, a reservation deposit of $99 is required and non-refundable. Refunds are only available if cancellation is requested 7 business days prior to scheduled class date; however, a $50 administration fee would apply. You may only reschedule once and must take the rescheduled class within 30 days of the original scheduled class. Registration is transferable to another student; however, all the same rules apply. Students will forfeit all their monies who are late-shows, no-shows or do not meet the minimum criteria described herein. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation and understanding.